Wednesday, September 07, 2005
The Curse
I've been thinking lately about the curse of Adam and Eve. And I have just made a connection that wasn't there in my brain before. This may all be obvious to other people, but I thought it was pretty cool coming across it myself. Ok, there was the curse because Adam and Eve were disobedient there were sent out into the wilderness to endure a lot of hard stuff. But I think God had a little bit more in mind than a curse as He says. We women were cursed to endure much pain for childbirth. But when a mother holds her newborn for the first time, she doesn't say to it, "See what you put me through! I hate you!" No, she would say something like, "it's like a miracle..." And having to work every day of our adult lives isn't so much fun all the time, but what do we do when we have a long break? We slack off, relax, get lazy, and then feel depressed because we feel like we haven't done anything! Not that I wouldn't rather be in Eden hanging out with God and watching over all the animals, but he put us to work not only as punishment... but so that we would be industrious, feel like we make a difference, and recieve energy from that... even if we feel wiped at the end of the day. I dunno whether he blesses us now, or put that blessing on us in the very beginning when he also cursed us. Just seems pretty cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is pretty cool.... :) Never really thought about it that way. Sweet. But I also think that walking around with God all day would be WAY cooler. ;) We probably have no clue what awesomeness we are missing out on because of the "curse," even if we see it now as not-so-bad.
er, this curse is lastin' a looong time......BLAHG GURL, BLAHHHHG!
Post a Comment