Monday, June 19, 2006

update

Sorry I haven’t written in a while. I just haven’t felt too chatty.

Since I’ve written last, I’ve graduated Miami, and was accepted to Seminary. I have received notification that we can move into our new apartment on the 24th. If you are willing to help us move, please let either Eric or me know, because the date we rent the truck will be dependant on the schedule of the majority. Oh, and… WOOHOO! I’m so pumped about this. I will miss the family have in Oxford, but I’m really excited to be moving to the next step. There are also moments when I think about classes… God’s helped me through a lot… but I can’t yet imagine how I will survive. “Yes, it’s a bittersweet symphony that’s life…” But for now, I need to focus on getting things packed, practicing, and cramming in as much time with my family before I move away from them. I hope to keep this blog up as a way to keep in touch with Oxford and friends that went to Miami.







I've also stopped working at the Princess. With me working evenings and Eric working days, our sleep schedule was taking a beating. That on top of Eric needing to put more hours in before our move, and wanting to spend more time with friends on the weekends, it was just too much. I love it there. We have a new general manager which we were not excited about. I mean, losing Doug is quite a blow, and it's just difficult to think about the Princess without him and many other employees that were graduating and moving on. But this new guy, "Kurtis with a K" as Doug calls him, seems like a really good replacement. He's a good guy, a little nerdier, but he really does care about the place and wants things done right. Though he wants it done right, he's not a jerk about it. I think the Princess will be just fine.

I’ve accepted the challenge to read the Bible in 90 days. It won’t happen in 90 days with how far behind I am, but I WILL get through. There’s a message board up for the group of us who are doing it. It’s mostly CSF people; some really good epiphanies, questions, and discussion. The site is a little clunky, but there’s good stuff in there if you’re interested. Go to Ben's Coner to check it out.




This Saturday, I got to go to my first baseball game since grade school. Andrea and Jason treated Eric and me to an awesome Reds game against the Chicago White Sox. They were battling a tie until the end, and lost 8-6. From what I’ve been hearing, it was the closest game they’ve had in a while. The energy there was AMAZING. I can now understand baseball fans a lot better. It just sucks you in. Definitely better than watching it on the TV or listening to it on the radio.



Kim has posted that she should be ending the trail around July 2nd. It will be great to see her again and catch up. That girl is amazing… and I hope she’ll get to come down to Oxford before we move. Go to her blog to see some really sweet pics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christi,
Congrats on getting into Seminary. Good luck with the move. I just moved 2 weeks ago to Columbus and it was a pain. It nice to have my own place though.
-Amanda

Christi Lee said...

Thanks, Amanda. Bet it feels good to have the move over. And now that you are no longer RA you have some breathing room. ;-)

Anonymous said...

It really is weird. It has just sorta clicked. Clicked. I'll miss you guys. :-(