Wednesday, July 12, 2006

rain


(image compliments of http://www.neystadt.org/john/album)

I love the summer. But, living in an apartment with an extremely loud AC unit located only in the living room has given me new perspective. I now LOVE rain. I've always loved the sound, but now I can appreciate nature's central AC. It can be blistering hot one moment, but when God decides to turn on the AC, everything calms down and allows a drop of anywhere from 5-20 degrees. I would not like to get caught in a downpour... but that's mostly because I have glasses and I would not be able to see. I don't really like to get caught in it with my cello either... that's just bad news. But it's been rainy today and yesterday and all I've wanted to do was to stick my face out the window, watch it all, and catch that ultra fresh breeze. (^_^)

In our new apartment, we have man-made central AC and windows without screens. I hope we can find a way to get screens in there so all the bugs won't try and escape into our apartment when I open the windows to enjoy the rain.

No comments: