Friday, August 25, 2006

Trust

Ok, so I was taking a nap after yet another 8am class with Eric who was still sleeping. We were arm in arm like normal and all cozy. Eric shifted less than an inch and I felt my shoulder blade crack. Nothing huge, but I am almost certain it was bone and not muscle because it felt just like when I had broken my elbow in high school. Eric gets a cold pack and I took aleve, but the pain wouldn't subside. Eric goes to take a shower and after that we were going to go to the hospital on campus not knowing what would happen because we don't yet have our new health-insurance and we don't know if we're still covered on the old. A while later we're just about to leave. The pain felt the same as when it first came, but I thought to myself, "I hate feeling like such a baby. I want to do something by myself to get us out the door. I had been holding my arm still so my shoulder wouldn't move. When I let my arm go to reach for something, immediately all pain was gone. More confused than anything, I tested putting weight on it at all angles I could think of. Nothing. Feeling a little silly, I tell Eric. Eric said it doesn't sound strange at all. It was then he told me he'd been praying for God to heal me... not only for my pain, but because there was no way we would even be able to afford an X-ray. I could try to attribute this to things other than God, but I felt better more suddenly than any amount of anti-inflammatory could accomplish. This happened Wed morning and I haven't felt anything since then.

I've also been reading a biography of George Mueller who founded 4 orphanages and later constructed a building to hold all these children and more. He did this before "Oliver Twist" was ever written, and was the first to not discriminate the child by social class. He would only refuse children who had somebody to fund their stay who would be accepted at other orphanages. And better yet, he did all of this without asking a single person for money. He would only pray to receive funds. God provided for him, his wife, his child, his staff, and all the children on a day to day (and sometimes meal to meal) basis out of donations that people would give not because he had advertised but because he had prayed. The children were never poorly nourished or in want of any need. A man who grew up as a con-man later found God and committed himself to this so that he might help people see that God was real in the current era and not merely a God who did things in the Bible never to show his grace again.

I think God's been wanting me to trust Him more. That seems to be a common theme lately.

4 comments:

glenn said...

heh, heh....good stuff. just get ready.

good thing you've got a blog to chronicle this time in your life. keep it up- you're doing well. and when you both look back at these days, you'll be glad you kept record and you'll surely see the hand of God at work in the bigger picture.

Christi Lee said...

Yeah... it seems that just as we were starting to get "comfortable" and almost feeling a little fake He was dropping little hints and then gave us that big one to remind us that He's here and we are working for Him only. After Wed. and then reading your latest blog [Aug. 20]... very encouraging. God is STILL working in very big ways as He always will.

PS.--> Is anybody else having problems with blogger? It seems to just jam up if I want to do anything but read the blogs.

Anonymous said...

Hey Christi,

This will remind me to keep praying for you guys! God bless you two!

Christ's Love with lot's of concern,

Jenny

Christi Lee said...

Thanks, Jenny... your prayers are always welcome. Still missing you guys...